Today I met the Team to discuss potential uses of Kinect Motion Capture for “The Green Screening” project.
ARTISTS : Split Britches / Lois Weaver & Peggy Shaw
Rosella Galindo / MAT PhD, QMUL
Pat Healey / QMUL
Matt Delbridge / Australia
PARTNERS: In Company Collective / Jo Palmer, Gini Simpson & Holly Stratton
GUESTS: David Smith / MAT Researcher, QMUL & Hannah Mason & Adele Jeffs / Could be Good
Outline of the Workshop
- Host Team members presentation as well as their role in the project.
- Project walkthrough: abstract, general objective, hypothesis and research questions. To place into context our Guests and to remember key points of the project.
- Revision of the Schedule.
- A brief summary of Hosts information and needs for the project.
- Iterations experimentation:
- What is a Kinect and how we can employ it to enhance the green screening experience?
- Physical vs Abstract // silhouettes.
- Tracking multiple people in the experience to enable interaction.
- Practical tests:
- Showing that they could be 3D.
- 10 to 20 templates of different environments.
- General Observations and Questions from Host Team Member: What do we want?
- Research & Dissemination: Ethics & Poster / Demo presentation at MediaCity (Salford, UK) during The Second Virtual Social Interaction Workshop.